All through high school I got lots of questions about my religion. Though it made me nervous at times, I enjoyed discussing my beliefs with my friends and clearing up what my religion was all about.
One topic that often came up was our belief in Christ --people loved to tell me that I was not a Christian. Maybe the nickname, "Mormon" confuses people. They tend to not know that our church is called "The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints." Most people don't realize that we most certainly are Christian...that in fact, Jesus Christ is who our religion is all about.
Until I studied the Book of Mormon seriously during Seminary in 10th grade, I hadn't realized how entirely centered on Christ this book is. I had no idea how much closer to Him I would become by reading its pages and applying the ideas it contained.
After reading the Book of Mormon once and developing a closer relationship with my Savior than I had ever had before, I committed to continue to study this book for the rest of my life. Here I am, at age 27, studying it again, forever working to become a better Christian.
Alma 6
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment